*** THERE IS NO DECEMBER MONTHLY LUNCHEON***
December is the month in which new officers are elected and installed. This meeting is also the one in which the Strategic Plan for the next ensuing year is approved. As such, it is typically attended by the Board of Directors, both old and new, and the transition plan is executed.
The new officers will be introduced during the January Monthly Meeting, and the Annual Report will be presented to the membership. So, please join us for the January meeting to meet your new Board and find out how we're doing as a Chapter!
21 January 2016
11:30 AM - 1 PM
Location: TBD (Keep watching)
2016 PMI Charleston Chapter Elections
Attention PMI Charleston Chapter Members!
We are currently accepting nominations for the 2016 PMI Charleston Board of Directors.
1. The nominee's name;
2. The position for which they are being nominated;
3. Short bio of no more than 500 words in MS Word format and a photo (photo optional).
Nominations will be accepted until Monday, November 23rd
Hey! Still looking to get your PMP certification?
Don't forget the PMP Preparation class offered by PM One!
Date: December 7-11, 2015
Course Cost: $2099
This 5-day bootcamp has been successfully preparing students for the PMP exam for 11 years in South Carolina! PM One is the ONLY training provider in SC that is 100% dedicated to training project managers. Why trust your project staff with any other provider?
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition should be used as a study reference if taking the PMP® exam. Though the Fifth edition is very similar in many ways to earlier editions, the test is based only on the Fifth edition and using an earlier version may not cover the changes that were made.
Note: Looking for opportunities for more education? Check out the "Education Opportunities" here!
Microsoft Project Course 2013
Project Orange Belt® 2013
Discounted price: $1356 | List price: $1695
With discount code PMICSC
Join us for a 3-day workshop designed to help you:
- Leverage Microsoft Project to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects
- Prepare for IIL’s Project Orange Belt certification exam (optional: Microsoft Exam 74-343 – Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013)
- December 14 – 16, 2015 in Charleston (location TBD)
- Each participant will receive a copy of Dynamic Scheduling® with Microsoft® Project 2013
- Each participant will need a laptop with Microsoft Project Standard 2013, Project Professional 2013, or Project Pro for Office 365 desktop with the latest service packs
- This workshop provides 21 Professional Development Units (PDUs) and is kept up to date with the framework of knowledge outlined by PMI’s PMBOK® Guide and the Practice Standard for Scheduling
PMPs are required to attain 60 PDUs within a 3-year period. PDUs are classified in five categories, and PMI Members can track and record PDUs online.
CAPMS are not required to attain any PDUs; however, CAPMs are only allowed to hold the CAPM designation for a maximum of 5 years. After 5 years, CAPMs must apply for PMP certification or retake the CAPM exam.
For PMP members, click here for directions on recording your attendance at qualifying events. The Component ID is C235 and the Activity ID is C235-2015XXXX (date of the event).
Interested in Getting Involved?
PMI Charleston offers multiple opportunities to get involved with the Chapter and play a part in providing the best product to Project Managers in the lowcountry. Do you have interests in our monthly chapter meetings? How about reaching out to the community? Or, maybe your interest lies in marketing or website management? Each of our Vice Presidents can use assistance in the execution of their responsibilities to improve the Chapter! So, contact us and let us help you, help us!
Click here to find out more about our volunteer opportunities!